Coconut Oil/Butter consists of 90+% raw saturated fat — a rare and important building block of every cell in the human body. Unlike long-chain saturated animal fats (that have been associated with creating poor health), Coconut Oil contains healthy, healing, medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). MCTs support the immune system, the thyroid gland, the nervous system, the skin, and they provide fast energy as well. The MCTs in Coconut Oil help increase metabolism and therefore help with weight loss. Historically, farm animals fed Coconut Oil were never found to be obese. When fed partially hydrogenated soybean oil, and other rancid fats, the animals quickly gained weight.
MCTs are known to have antiviral, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties. For this reason, Coconut Oil/Butter is one of the best dietary fat sources for individuals on anti-candida diets.
How To Use Coconut Oil/Butter
Coconut Butter liquefies at 78 degrees Fahrenheit and is then known as Coconut Oil due its liquid consistency.
As a Superfood: An adult can daily consume 2+ tablespoons of Coconut Oil either straight or blended into a favorite beverage (tea, smoothie, elixir, etc.) or mixed as a snack with other superfoods (goji berries, cacao, bee pollen, etc.).
Coconut Oil can be added to chocolate products (Cacao Nibs, Cacao Beans, Cacao Butter, Cacao Powder, etc.) to create healthy, raw chocolate desserts.
One should cook with Coconut Oil instead of olive oil or butter. Coconut Oil is more stable under heat and never forms toxic trans-fatty acids.
Put Coconut Oil on your skin! Raw, Extra-Virgin coconut oil is safe to apply anywhere on the body, and may provide soothing relief for dry skin any time of year. Combine Coconut Oil with Shea Butter to make your own body butters and oils.
Teeth: Take a teaspoon of coconut oil and apply it to your (or your child’s) gums and teeth to kill germs in the mouth and help normalize oral pH.
Coconut Oil requires no refrigeration and it can be eaten or used topically by all ages: children, adults, and the elderly.
More Discoveries About Coconut Oil/Butter
Research compiled by Dr. Bruce Fife in his book The Coconut Oil Miracle, as well as other researchers in the field, indicates that Coconut Oil/Butter contains no cholesterol and actually supports cardiovascular health. Coconut Oil is a precursor to the anti-aging compounds known as pregnenolone, progesterone, and DHEA.
Consumption of raw Coconut Oil/Butter may contribute to one’s well-being in the following ways:
– Coconut Oil improves digestion and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and amino acids.
– Coconut Oil supports the immune system. Coconut oil naturally fights off viruses, bacteria, and fungal overgrowth.
– Coconut Oil improves the utilization of blood sugar and can lessen the symptoms of hypoglycemia.
– Coconut Oil improves the absorption of calcium and magnesium.
– Coconut Oil is a powerful antioxidant.
– Coconut Oil helps the body use the essential fatty acids (omega-3, omega-6, omega-9) more efficiently. You can take coconut oil at the same time as omega 3 fatty acids or superfoods rich in omega 3 fatty acids (hempseed, flax etc.). Coconut Oil and omega 3 fatty acids may be twice as effective when taken together as either taken alone.
Incoming search terms:
- can coconut oil & fish oil be taken together (1)
- coconut oil and fish oil together (1)
- fish and coconut oil taken together (1)